Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Children's Museum

My mom, Kristalyn and I took the kids to the Children's Museum a couple of weeks ago. I have been so uninterested in blogging this summer, too much going on, but I will post a few pictures here to catch up. We took my kids, Kris's kids, and my brother Clay's kids who were here from China for 3 weeks. It was CHAOS. The funny thing was however, the chaos was not so unusual to Kris and me so we really did not notice it. About 1 hour into the whole thing, we looked at my mom and she was starting to twitch. She put up with the noise for as long as she could, but finally it got the best of her so we loaded up and went home. It was lots of fun, but just lots of people too. Gayle was clearly still suffering the brain numbing effects of the museum when she suggested that we take all of the kids to Hires for root beer floats. So much worse than the museum! The kids tried to be good, but when Cassidy spilled her entire root beer float and then began to wail, it was officially time to go. (No pictures taken at Hires, but it is burned in my memory so I'm good) We had fun with the cousins, and my mom felt much better after the Advil kicked in. Kris and I had a good laugh when we realized we are so twisted that all the noise and running around seemed normal to us. Life with boys!
Parker, Hyatt and Zach, trying their hands at reporting
Big guy in a little suit
Aiden loved this swan

Trouble


Poor Cassidy was the only girl all month ( the only girl cousins are all older) but she was a good sport, and she kept them all in line.






2 comments:

Jill said...

The Children's Museum is so much fun...I'm always ready to leave before the kids are! And I can totally relate about not feeling like blogging all summer!

Chelsea said...

Hey Lori, Thanks for the comment on my blog. Tell Hyatt to come and play on Saturday the 16th, we´ll be home late on the 15th, Alex would love to play! We are still in Panama, soaking up every minute of sun and sand that we can. I love your story about your trip to the Museum and Hires, my Mom can´t take it either, Funny how the noise just seems NORMAL to us Mom´s with boys. Talk to you in a week!