Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Three Hour Tour. . .


Matt and I are slow learners. Every year on one of our trips to the cabin we feel the need to take the boys down the Snake River at Macks Inn in Island Park. Every year we think that it will take us about 3 hours. Every year we are wrong. This year is took us close to 5 all together. My mom was such a good sport and took Griff for us ( Thanks Mom, we love you) so we could go and enjoy ourselves. . . and for the first 3 hours, we did. No, it really is a blast, and all though it is incredibly slow and mildly boring, and you could practically walk the whole thing because the water is so shallow in spots, it is a lot of fun every year, and we always laugh about it afterward. This year the boys had little nets that they caught minnows with the whole way down. Very fun. Matt and I got a good work out paddling, and everyone got thrown in at least once. Matt only got mud on Coleman's face this year, not in his eye, and my camera stayed dry. Bonus! We have figured out that is is much harder to tip a flat bottom boat than a canoe, and so we opt for boat. We had such a great trip to Montana this year it was hard to come home, but we will always have next month right? I come home feeling like I can take on the world, and refocused on what is important, enjoying every moment with my family. I wish the boys could all stay the ages they are right now, they are so much fun to be with. They are all so different from each other, but they get along so well. I love how much they all appreciate nature and all it has to offer. They all live so big, making the very most of every minute, diving in to every adventure head first. I love my boys!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jill said...

Lori, how can you top a vacation like that...biking, horse back riding, boating down the river, being in a parade, eating yummy food? I want a cabin in Montana too! What great memories you will be making to have forever!

p.s. I made that same cake for the 4th too! :D

p.p.s. we're glad you're home!

LC said...

Jill, I am laughing at the we are glad you are home comment, I bet you are! That duck is a mess, I can't believe you put up with it for the whole week! Thanks so much, that was so nice of you guys. I bet your cake looked and tasted much better than mine, you probably never leave out ingredients!

Lindy Johnson said...

lc,
i loved reading your blog! you are a fabulous photographer and your boys really are so cute and the best cousins to anders in the world!