Friday, June 20, 2008

Ernie the Duck

In a momentary lapse of reason on my part, I let the boys rescue (some may say kidnap...or is it ducknap) a baby duck from a pond by our house. We watched the little guy be pecked half to death for an hour by all the other ducks, until the boys and Matt couldn't handle it anymore. I tried to tell them that you just don't interfere with wild birds, but they we not having it, and finally they wore me down and when the little duck wobbled off the the shore and lay down in the mud almost dead, I caved! They brought the duck home and I was sure it would be dead by morning. Nope. So now we have a pet duck named Ernie. The kids love him, he follows them all over. Griff tried to kill it, but other than that I think the little guy is pretty happy. At least that is what I am telling myself.


You have to admit, it is pretty cute! Nice punch mustache Hyatt!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Lori...I guess if you're reading mine, I can read yours. Your boys are way too cute! Your pictures are great!

Jill said...

okay, I just finished reading your post on your trip to D.C.-too fun. Don't you love it when your kids behave perfectly. It makes you want to leave town more often! And remember how worried your were-all for naught! And Will wants to go just to hold those hissing cockroaches-sick!

Jamie said...

That is So funny... Your Boys are so cute! It's only been like a Month sense I've seen them, but they are getting so Big! I love Griffin!