Saturday, October 17, 2009

St George Marathon

Hyatt and I made a quick trip to St. George to watch Kris run the marathon. She was amazing! It was so fun to see her cross the finish line. The last time I saw her cross a finish line was her fist marathon a couple of years ago in Dublin Ireland. It was so exciting to see her run again. She had a great race, and could have run even faster then she did (which was already pretty darn fast), but decided to stay with her running partner who had a little trouble mid race. That is just the kind of gal she is! When I grow up I want to be just like Kris. She just decides she wants to do something and the next thing you know she is doing it. It is just that simple! So far this year she has run a marathon or two, written a book that will be released in the spring (check her out on Amazon. . . Kris Chandler and the book is called Wolves, Boys, and Other Things That Might Kill Me), studied birds in Ecuador, learned how to sail, kayaked all over Utah and Montana, been the best mom that 4 kids could ever ask for, AND talked me down "off the ledge" about 50 times. Those are just a few things she has done, and she has a million more planned. She is the coolest.
We stayed at the Entrada Inn, which Hyatt thought was pretty cool because High School Musical 2 was filmed there. He tried to pretend like he didn't think it was cool, but he and Clark were not fooling anyone. They had a great time.

The pool was so nice. The only bummer was they wouldn't let them jump off the rocks. The weather was perfect, and we all had a great time. I am shooting for the half marathon in 6 months. We will see how that goes. For now I was content to watch my sister and enjoy spending time with her and my mom. Thanks Kris!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: