Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spring Break in Washington D.C.

We all went to Washington D.C. for Spring Break this year. We went with our good friends the Kennedys. What a blast! We gave the boys the option of going to D.C. or Florida to Disney World and they all wanted to go to D.C. I was so surprised. But the reason they wanted to go so bad was because our darling friend Taryn and her husband live out there, and the boys were dying to see her! Her husband works at the White House and told us that he could give us a tour of the West Wing, and that sealed the deal for everybody! We had so much fun. I was really nervous about going because I was sure that the boys were too young, that Griff would cry the whole time, and that everyone would whine about the walking and the museums. I couldn't have been more wrong. The boys totally loved it, Griff was a star, and the weather was so nice that the walking felt like heaven! I cannot wait to go again. There was too much to do and see, we couldn't do it all. The Pope was in town, so the boys got to see the Pope and President Bush together on the South Lawn, they thought that was very exciting. It is always so fun to be with Kennedys. Matt K. knows D.C. inside and out, and he made it really fun for all of us. It was great to see Taryn again, it has been way too long. I think my boys are all in love with her, they could not stop saying "She is so nice mom, she is so pretty mom, when will we see her again mom?"

It was nice of Brendon to take us all through the White House. It was amazing to stand in the Rose Garden and see
the Oval Office. A once in a lifetime experience, thanks Taryn and Brendon!!

I put a million pictures up, I don't know why, but it was just so fun I couldn't help myself! This is the whole gang (except Griff) at the Lincoln Memorial, looking at the Washington Monument.

Look how smiley they are, it was so great!

This was Griff on the airplane, he was such a champ! He hardly cried at all the entire trip! He was so happy to just hang out in his stroller and enjoy the sunshine!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Taryn said...

oh man! i miss you guys already! i'm so glad you came!